Rotisserie for 18.5" kettle?

Miller

Hi guys-- I am looking for a rotisserie for my 18.5" kettle, does anyone know where I can look to find one?

I was thinking about getting the 22.5" weber rotisserie model and then throwing away the metal drum ring that it sits on top of and have the metal shop fashion one for 18.5" and then sit the rotisserie on top of that.

What do you guys think? Should it work?

Originally posted by Miller:
I was thinking about getting the 22.5" weber rotisserie model and then throwing away the metal drum ring that it sits on top

Dude, keep that part!

Maybe-- I can just drill two holes into my kettle and then just insert whatever rotisserie of choice into it.

Sounds like a plan!

does anyone know of any good grill rotisseries OTHER than weber?

Originally posted by John B:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miller:
I was thinking about getting the 22.5" weber rotisserie model and then throwing away the metal drum ring that it sits on top

Dude, keep that part! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would that part need to be kept, sir?

Originally posted by Miller:
Maybe-- I can just drill two holes into my kettle and then just insert whatever rotisserie of choice into it.
A couple of Q'ers here have already done that.

One cut notches into the top rim of the mid-section and the rotisserie bar sits in it.

Another drilled holes just below the top rim and the rotisserie bar slides through it.

I like the notched rim idea better because it doesn't create such a large air vent.

Check out the WSM Modifications section.

Back