Rotisserie Chicken and Pork

Looks amazing, how did the pork turn out on the spit? More details on how you did the pork. I got two more birds to do on the rotisserie here in the next two weeks!

Looks amazing, how did the pork turn out on the spit? More details on how you did the pork. I got two more birds to do on the rotisserie here in the next two weeks!
Basically the cook went as follows:
7lb pork butt (tried to get something close to bird so it would balance well on the spit).
6.6lb bird
Got chimney going then came in and seasoned pork with my signature pork rib rub.
Got pork on the spit by 1200pm, pit at 350°-400° approx. Set it on the spit away from coals and enough room to add bird later
Then at 230pm put the Cajun seasoned chicken onto the spit. (Pork Butt was at 140°) By this point coals at moved to other side of SNS so bird was further away.
I eventually leveled and evened put coals so everything got equal heat.
At around 5pm pulled the bird at a 165-170° temp.
Pork was at 195°
Wrapped pork in foil loosely and waited to pull it 15min when it was at 203°.
Timing worked out great, everything came off and rested for 30min and was super moist and flavorful.

Very nice. Was the pork tender and have a nice bark cooking solely on the roti at such a high temp? Never thought of doing one that way.
Pork was tender and pulled about 80%, the dead center wasn't what I would want (saved it to use for split pea soup early next week), but for a rotisserie butt and timing worked out for dinner it was good and fun. Chicken was absolutely perfect.

Within the first hour the coals burned down quite a bit and eventually the pit was at about 325° by the time I put the bird on, and I continued to let the temp come down , while still adding coals, until the end when it was about 275°.

Back