Rotis ham

Paul G.

TVWBB Emerald Member
I'm thinking of doing an 8 lb butt end partially cooked ham on my EZ Que, rather than the WSM later this afternoon. Reasons - it'll be a short cook, use less fuel ... and, I've never done one on a rotis before. Anybody had experience and have comments or tips ?

Paul

Yes and I think you'll quite like both the process and the results. There is nothing I can think to tell you tip-wise except, possibly, to start with the coal baskets wide and then, if you wish, cheat them quite close together toward the end of the cook if the hams surface nneds more color/texture. And make sure those thumbscrews are tight!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks Kevin

But, I got lazy, decided I didn't want to clean the rotis, so threw it on the WSM for a high heat cook.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
And make sure those thumbscrews are tight!
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that!

I've had them break loose even after using pliers to tighten them.
icon_frown.gif

JimT

Double Amen. I've come to the conclusion that I need to truss my chickens before EZ-Queing them. "Arms akimbo" holds a new meaning here. I need more practice, though.

Rita

Back