Roadside Chicken on the Q

Jeff F

TVWBB Super Fan
I promise pictures on the next round of this.

I just did a cut up chicken on my Q using the famous Roadside Chicken recipe (See the sticky post in the poultry recipe forum). I did RSC for the first time about a week ago, on my kettle. Granted, I don't use my kettle often enough to keep track of its nuances, but this cook is tailor made for the Q design and it was so much easier on the Q than the kettle. I kept the chicken in the middle, with the fire surrounding it. When I wanted to color up a piece a little, I moved it toward the end where the burner comes around full circle. If a piece was getting a little too dark, it went in to dead center.

The chicken was delicious, but then I found yet another reason to love my Q. It always cleans up easy, but I was dreading this one. Even with a serious burn off, it took me a while to get my kettle grill cleaned up after RSC. I went out after dinner, turned the Q back on, went inside and helped my wife clear the table, then went back out with my grill brush, figuring on 10-15 minutes of scouring to get the burnt on sauce off the cooking grid. On the contrary, the crud jumped off with one swipe of the brush. Stuff just doesn't stick to the porcelain.

Other than the side tables getting splattered easily, in over a year with this little grill, I can't find anything I don't love about it.

Back