Ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey, do I need to use rib racks to smoke baby backs in my WSM ?? Or can they just be laid flat on the grill... Any good rubs or wet seasonings would also be appreciated...
Sure hope you guys won't get tired of these questions, but I LOVE to eayt good BBQ and ssmoked meats... Now that I have this smoker, I for sure intend to use it !!
Thanks,
Gary

You can't get very many whole slabs of back ribs in the WSM by laying them flat on the cooking grates. You can cut them in half and lay them flat, use rib racks, or roll the ribs (see Rolling Ribs for details).

As far as methods, I'm sure folks will post their favorites. Also check out BRITU ribs and Sugarless Texas Sprinkle ribs.

Finally, don't forget to review the Recipes forum here on the BB. You can also click "Search" at the top of this page to search for postings about ribs.

Regards,
Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Allingham (edited 06-13-2001).]

Hi Gary, isn't that WSM a blast or what. Got mine in April and it's become a Sunday religion for me...
Anyway I like BRITU also because it's versatile. You can mop or glaze anything on it and it always works. Now, if you go to googles and type "rub recipe", you'll get a slew of sites like this one:
http://www.recipesource.com/side-dishes/rubs/

I also found a good sauce site:

http://bbqcentral.hypermart.net/

Pick one that looks good to you and good Q-ing!

Good morning Gary:
Sounds like you're hooked alright! Before I broke down and purchased a Weber rib rack (my wife likes to keep me pacified with safe toys!), I followed Chris's directions for 'rolling' ribs very successfully. Using this method, I've smoked up to 4 racks (16+ #'s) of spare ribs simultaneously with great results. As to rubs, marinades, etc. my recommendation to you would be to invest a 'fist-full-of-dollars' more (<$20) for Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue Sauces book. This little book is user/cook friendly and starts you down the road that you'll ultimately want to travel, making your own personnel rub. Good luck.
?.John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back