Ribs on the summit Kamado E6 + Bellows

No photographs yet. I'll post them when the cook is done.

I purchased the thermal works smoke X4 about 2 and 1/2 years ago. I purchased the ThermoWorks Bellows fan last week and today is the first time I'm using it. Now, the Kamado was pretty stable on temperatures to begin with But I would have to tweak temps every now and then, but not often.

I figured for a 80 bucks, I could have automatic temperature control by adding the fan. So far so good. I have it set to 235° and it's been pretty solid. Keeps the temperature between 234° and 236° usually. Although it did peak to 239° several times during the cook. Ribs are still on and they've been cooking for 2 and 1/2 hours.

Using the Meathead's Memphis dry rub from amazingribs.com. The recipe with the salt in it. 3 tablespoon per rack. 1 tbsp on the bone side (membrane removed) and two tablespoons on the meat side

Last edited:
Ribs came out pretty good. Very tender. Internal temp was 201° In most places that I proved between the bone. I made two racks but apparently I only took a picture of one and I did not take a picture of any that were sliced so that was my bad.

Based on appearance, I would have expected more meat to be pulled back from the bone but the temperature is the temperature. I think if I went a little longer I may have dried them out but they were pretty good.

Admittedly I haven't made ribs in a while. Been mainly focusing on other types of meats so it was nice to have the baby backs once again.

The star of the show was the bellows fan and my smoke X4 ;)

Attachments

• 20240713_183607.jpg
    20240713_183607.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 6
I just did set and forget backs last weekend. 4 racks. WSK was SUPER stable.

Two hours smoke at 250°, wrapped for 60 mins, finished exposed for 30. Perfect ribs. All done with a dry rub. No sauce.

Yours look great. Hopefully you and the fam enjoyed them all.

I just did set and forget backs last weekend. 4 racks. WSK was SUPER stable.

Two hours smoke at 250°, wrapped for 60 mins, finished exposed for 30. Perfect ribs. All done with a dry rub. No sauce.

Yours look great. Hopefully you and the fam enjoyed them all.

Everybody loved them. I always do the dry rub and then if people want to use barbecue dipping sauce afterwards, they can.

Back