rib virgin

Daryl w

TVWBB Member
well finished up 15 lbs of trout tasty little beggers smoked at 165 to 175 for 2 hrs than added a chimney of lump and smoked for 2 hrs at 220.
pulled off a piece yummy than left on for additional 1hr to dry out kinda jerky ish but not totally dry yum again.
Oh I brined for 3 hrs first.

So now tryin ribs its curently chugin around 230 for last 1hr and a half wanna peek but know better.
think i will leave for 3hrs try the fruit juice stage for 1.5.
Than gonna try on some bbq glaze for .5 to 1hrs than lower grill sop again and carmelize the last coat and try er out.

will keep posted

well 2.5 hrs in just turned the ribs ovr.
Cooker hoter than I like at 270 for last hr but got bottom vents fully closed so have to live with 270.
If it creeps up much more i am gonna add some cool water .
Ay way the ribs are a beautiful red.
I added a thin coating of sauce and now letting rest for anoth 1.5 to 2 hrs depending on the temp

looking good

If your vents are closed and you're still running hot, I think you have air leakage. When this happened to me, I bent my access door (gently) until a got a better fit and now my vents control heat better. Also, if the cold water doesn't do the trick, I have closed the top vent in order to get the fire under control. That usually works in about ten minutes then I open the vent again (half way at first).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daryl Whyteman:
well finished up 15 lbs of trout . . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Daryl - What kind of trout? It'd take me a few seasons to catch that much in the streams around here!

no trout comes from costco
I am in Ottawa Canada
nice rainbow fillets they are very good
Always vac pac and freeze in about 1 lb packs

Back