Rib Rub's

Dave Amidon

I was woundering if anyone buy's there rib rub and what kind do you use. I am looking for a good rub for port back ribs. My wife and 4 year old son do not like spicy rubs, so I need something without a kick.
icon_confused.gif

Hi Dave,

I'd encourage you to try any of the rub recipes listed on this site. If you don't like 'em spicy (by that I mean spicey "hot") don't use any of the Cayenne or black pepper the recipe calls for.

If I may...try the BRITU rub, but cut the cayenne down to .50 teaspoon (or none at all). Personally, I've never found britu to be spicy at all, but if you or yours *really* don't like the heat, just leave out the cayenne.

Good luck!

Cimmaron Doc makes an excellent rib rub. They also have chili seasonings and a rub for larger bbq cuts (butt, brisket, etc.). Give it a try. I like the Texas BBQ Rub as well.

I prefer the Head Country on Chicken only. For an all purpose Rub get the Texas BBQ they also make a brisket rub just ask for it when you order.

I'm a huge Head Country Sauce & Rub fan and even a bigger Texas BBQ rub fan.
icon_biggrin.gif
But when it comes to a rub for ribs one wins hands down every time. Pitt's and Spitt's Sweet Rib Rub.
icon_smile.gif
Linky

I did a little side by side taste test with BRITU and Bad Byron's Butt Rub.

Surprisingly, I liked the Byron's better than the BRITU.

I had used Byron's on some BUTT and decided why not try it on the ribs and they were delicious!

Back