Rib Rub for this Weekend

Harry T

Hey Guys,

Its going to be my second time smoking some baby backs this weekend. First time I used the BRITU rub and the ribs were very good.

This time I want to try another rub. I am in search of a good overall rib rub that will satisfy and impress everyone.

Should put the rub on overnight, or couple of hours before smoking.

I will be using the minion method on the 22.5, smoke 2 hours, 1 hour foil and 1 hour without foil. Lastly I want to sauce the last half hour.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated. Also, If anything in my process looks to be incorrect, I would appreciate advice on that as well.

Thanks

There r so many rubs out there to try. Your methods are sound just remember dont go by time go by feel and texture the tear test and bend test are great also look for the meat pulling back from the bone.

I like the Slap Yo Daddy basic rub from his website for my ribs and Pork Butt. Nothing but rave reviews. If I want to get more involved I have a hybrid rub which is a combo of his basic rub and one of Karen Putnams that I have mixed up and on hand most of the time as well. If you want the recipe for the hybrid let me know, Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
This, subbing ground guajillo for the paprika (which is what I did originally - I do not use paprika in rubs), </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Came in here to post this, I really like this rub a lot.

Back