Rib Racks

S Hawk

Where does everyone buy their rib racks? I checked HD today and they don't carry them. I'm in Dutchess County NY and hoping to find one by Saturday! Thanks.

i got my weber rack for m a local taylor's do-it center. truthfully i only used it 2 times. more trouble than it's worth on the WSM. i usually just roll and tie them.

I use a Raichlen rib rack when I do ribs (not very often). I received it as a gift, but I've seen Linens N' Things and Bed, Bath, & Beyond have a nice selection of Raichlen products.

Thanks, Guys. If I don't use a rack (I'm cooking 5 racks by the way but I'm hoping to fit them all up top if possible because I'll cooking other stuff below), I guess rolling another option? Do you just roll them small enough so that they all fit? And then tie with regular string? Will this effect the cooking time at all?

i have a weber rib rack but found it hard to use. i found if i turned over the weber roasting rack it worked better. this was the older model. can't do it with the newer version. also got the sonoma/raichlen style one which works well also. i plan to make one that will fit my kettle better at a later date.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S Hawk:
Do you just roll them small enough so that they all fit? And then tie with regular string? Will this effect the cooking time at all? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can use wood/bamboo, or metal skewers and stagger the roll to get them pretty small. I'll try and find a pic for you.
EDIT: Link to pic of rolled ribs.

I have that rib rack as well as the William Sonoma rack.....they both work well but "you get what you pay for" in both cases!
icon_wink.gif

I actually picked up a rib rack at HD yesterday -- went to a different HD. It's a charmglow, cost $9.99. We'll see how it works!

-Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S Hawk:
I actually picked up a rib rack at HD yesterday -- went to a different HD. It's a charmglow, cost $9.99. We'll see how it works!

-Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one I have, and I've been pretty happy with it. Does the job, and the price is nice.

Steve

I also got mine at HD. I've used it on my gasser for indirect cooking,but when I did my BB a couple weekends ago,I just rolled them.
icon_smile.gif

that v rack for the bge is just like the old weber rack. just tuen it over. one caution is to make sure the ribs are going across the grates or they will hang up or fall through. ask me how i know.

Back