*** Rib-O-Lator Video ***

Used my Rib-O-Lator today. The pivot point for the trays measures less then half the width of the tray. Which means if the food is not balanced in the tray it can shift and fall out. The food must fit the width of the tray and not hang over the edges due to clearance.It appears to have been made for baby backs as St Louis style are to wide. Did some Chicken Thighs and because they don't fill the width of the tray some shifted to one side which tilted the tray and dumped the thighs on that tray out.Aside from this issues.The Chicken came out good. I did try using it to roast some peppers, which was a disaster as most rolled to one side then flipped out of the trays.

I'm starting the think there is a direct correlation between this site and my bank account. The more time if spend on here, the less money I have. This product is very cool.

At least they used my suggestions about 45* the corners. My first Loaded run was going great until some of the ribs which were BB's flipped out. I know they say they (racks) need to be bal. but I'll mess w/it again this week. I did however drill the proper holes and mounted it in one of my 22" WSM.

Mike,

Would it help stabilize the trays for item like the peppers if you were able to attach some counter weights to the sides of trays? My thought was if you could add weight to the perimeter the trays there might be less influence by the weight distribution in the tray.

Gary

Bill, thanks for the pic. How did the ribs come out?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back