**Rib-O-Lator on the Cajun Bandit**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
Up until now I've only cooked chicken on the Rib-O-Lator and I've been very pleased with the results, but true to its name it really does a number on ribs!

I bought 4 racks of Loin Back Ribs all just under 3 lbs each and gave them a mustard slather and rubbed with Big Time Sweet rub. Fired the Cajun Bandit up with Trader Joes briqs and Cherry wood for smoke and cooked them indirect (pizza stone in dry foiled waterpan) at 225-250* for @ 3.5 hrs.

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

Good morning... Excellent job on the ribs. Thanks for sharing the pics... wish I had some for breakfast. LOL Have a great weekend.

joe

Bri, What length were your shelves cut down to? After your first attempt at the ribs were they any better than your second place ones? Time on the smoker any diff? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Comerford:
Bri, What length were your shelves cut down to? After your first attempt at the ribs were they any better than your second place ones? Time on the smoker any diff? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bill! These trays were cut down to 17" by Bob for me to test out on the Weber and EZ-Que rings. Personally I would like to have them @ 16.5" to be able to remove each tray for saucing or turning etc. As they are now there is just enough clearance to keep them from binding.

For my first attempt at ribs on the R-O-L they turned out fantastic! I didn't sauce them, just sprayed with Apple juice. I admit I was peeking and spraying, but I did kick up the temp to 300* the last half hour.

JD McGee has been the Rib cook of Left Hand Smoke, and is thinking we should invest in one for ribs too! We started out cooking them direct on my Magnum Drum Smoker and switched over to the 22" WSM and lay the ribs flat. We were pretty successful in Ribs this season since moving to the Bullet.

Brian,

I like toys! I like the idea of the food rotating through the cooking environment for even cooking and increasing indirect cooking space. Besides cool factor, are there other benefits worth noting?

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Bramley:
Brian,

I like toys! I like the idea of the food rotating through the cooking environment for even cooking and increasing indirect cooking space. Besides cool factor, are there other benefits worth noting?

Gary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The price? And the cool factor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Comerford:
Bri, I'm thinking I might just 45 the corner where it's close to the sides...any thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What cooker were you thinking of using it on?

I think that if you can have the corners cut at an angle and welded it would work fine.

I just put it on my Weber Rotis Ring, but i'm thinking the 22"WSM. I'm going to 45 the corners and it will work like a dream. The corners really don't need to be re-attached only if you like the look of it.

I don't rotiss on my Webers however, I like to rotiss hogs; whole hogs up to 150 lbs dressed wgt. I've also rotissed lambs, turkeys, chickens, baron of beef and pork shoulders. The slow rotation of the spit allows "self basting" to a great degree and lessens dripping of fat and liguids. The result is a very moist product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back