Rib-0-Later vs rotating spit??

No problem saucing ribs on a rotisserie and really no reason to wrap since they come out very moist if done right. All a matter of preference.
Wrapping speeds up the cook, and it definitely comes out moist-er. Especially if you use high heat for fast cooks. No right or wrong..all good. Spare ribs have more fat than loin backs and lend themselves a little better to not wrapping i think

I need to do more ribs than I can get on a single spit. Ferris wheel style seems like good answer, but does not rotate the meat (self-basting). Does it really matter? Any body have experience with this. Also for chicken and other meats. Thanks

WEber kettle, PK Grill Org. have rotisseries.
I had the Ribolator over 10 years ago. It didn't really fit well inside my 22" kettle, and was really hard to clean, and ribs didn't really fit on the trays either. I gave up on it after about 5 or 6 attempts. If you need/want to make more ribs, use any of the suggestions above. Not sure if anyone mentioned hanging ribs in an 18" or 22" weber smokey mountain, that in my opinion is a really great way to produce a big ole bunch of ribs. It cooks em' a little faster too. I would recommend the hunsaker hanging rack over the gateway because I think you can probably get a few more racks on that one vs the gateway. The flavor you get by hanging directly over the coals IS different than what you get with normal indirect heat bbq (more like charcoal grilling vs indirect smoking).

Back