Revisiting old topic, Heatermeter for pellet smoker.

looks good....if you want to add wifi server easily you can try my eSP8266 wifi webserver library....very simple to add to your existing project. Source code is here....

Thanks David, I'll take a look at that. I had been leaning toward trying to get a centralized server, having the ESP8266 merely send it's data to a server. But, I also do like the idea of having a stand alone device that could be accessed directly. Now, it would be nice to have both options.. Meanwhile,, I'm still just getting over a kind of learning curve, so I'm happy to try different things and see what starts to make the most sense to me , then move in that direction. So I'll for sure take a look at your library.

looks good....if you want to add wifi server easily you can try my eSP8266 wifi webserver library....very simple to add to your existing project. Source code is here....

Ive now been using a pellet smoker instead of my WSM. So much easier setup, even when using a heatermeter on the WSM. I have been using the heatermeter as a a temp monitor over wifi and it saved my last cook after a flame out. It got me to thinking how nice it would be if the heatermeter was the controller for the pellet smoker and I ran across this thread. I would love to have the heatermeter concept with the wifi and multiple probes, web interface, logging ect on a pellet PID controller. I was hoping someone was actually doing it ;)

Back