Return of the 26 3/4" Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, red is probably not going to happen. It would be cool if they brought back some of the vintage colors though - avocado green maybe??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allen Sharar:
Yea, red is probably not going to happen. It would be cool if they brought back some of the vintage colors though - avocado green maybe?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought crate and barrel had some webers recently with similar colors.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=500&f=27181

I guess not avocado green.

Interesting note about the Red. Makes me want to pick up the next red kettle that comes around.

Just heard back from my source.

The September show sheet that retailers get show the NEW 26" One Touch Black, & NEW 22.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker with the earliest ship by date of 12/1/08.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
Just heard back from my source.

The September show sheet that retailers get show the NEW 26" One Touch Black, & NEW 22.5" Smokey Mountain Cooker with the earliest ship by date of 12/1/08. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Release dates, Cool
icon_cool.gif

I hope it is a OTG. It will probably only come in black...I guess grabber orange is out of the question..I know what I am buying myself for Xmas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:
<span class="ev_code_RED">I hope it is a OTG. It will probably only come in</span> black...I guess <span class="ev_code_RED"> grabber orange</span> is out of the question.. <span class="ev_code_RED">I know what I am buying myself for Xmas</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
icon_wink.gif
<span class="ev_code_RED">We think the same.</span>

If it does wind up being an OTG, wouldn't that indicate that it'd be offered in multiple colors?? The 18 and 22 inch OTG's are both offered in a limited number of colors. My guess is that it'll be a OTS offered only in black, but only time will tell.

I'd be curious to see how long after they introduce the 26 3/4 OTG (or Silver), will they bring out the 26 3/4 Performer. I'd certainly love to get my hands on that.

26.75 inch Kettle Performer and a 22.5 WSM. Oh the toys!

Yeah, I've been wanting a Performer for quite some time. Just can't justify it right now. If they come out with a 26" performer, I think that will be added to the backyard and I'll permanently move my 22" kettle to the competition group.

Hey, as long as we are dreaming, I'm holding out for the RED Kettle Performer with trailer hitch!

A 26.75 Performer would be nice - particularly if it was expanded in proportion with the larger kettle - would be a nice sized table and storage area.

I don't think the 26" kettle was ever a huge seller for Weber, compared to the 18/22 inch models, which led to it being discontinued. My guess is that this will initially be a limited run with limited models available - for the diehards.

I'd really like to see a thermometer, similar to the one for the new WSM's, put into the kettles - probably with a higher temperature range. I think it'd be a nice improvement over the handle thermometer in the performer. I know this can be a custom modification, but factory installed would be nice.

I agree...Thats why I was thinking they will not put out much of a color option...Im only thinking black. I dont think it will be a big seller either, just the die-hard addicts like us. If someone wants the 26 they will get it in whatever color weber sells. I doubt someone will not get one because it doesnt come in blue. Seems it would be more cost effective for Weber to run just black. If it is a big seller...perhaps a color option would be available....in time.

Hopefully this'll bring down the price of replacement grates; when I called Weber last year both cook & coal were around $40 apiece. And a flip grate would be nice, too.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back