Restore or leave alone

VicV

TVWBB Member
Hello all.. I’ve had this sitting in my garage for a while now. Trying to decide whether to restore or leave as is. As far as I know, it’s all original. Even the original wood. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 423EF9C8-030C-4105-A2DF-5A26C4A38024.jpeg
    423EF9C8-030C-4105-A2DF-5A26C4A38024.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 46DF06B3-7DC2-411B-9B71-66C9A4062DC8.jpeg
    46DF06B3-7DC2-411B-9B71-66C9A4062DC8.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 54
Genesis 2? Love the lid color, and never knew they came with wood slats like that. That thing deserves a fresh coat. How’s the inside?

Yah, I have one of those colored lids. It is kind of a burnt orange. I say that grill deserves some attention. It looks to be in exceptional shape right now, and it could look very awesome with a little work.

Two schools of thought. "Survivor" or Restored. I don't mind survivor if it looks good. I have seen some ratty looking cars on Graveyard CarZ they call "Survivor" and me? I don't like it not being at least "refreshed" But inevitably whether grill or car it's yours

That grill looks to be in great condition from what I can see. Nothing to restore. Maybe a quick cleanup of the wood slats.
How's it look inside the cookbox?
Very nice example of an early Genesis!
Gerry

Hello all.. I’ve had this sitting in my garage for a while now. Trying to decide whether to restore or leave as is. As far as I know, it’s all original. Even the original wood. Any thoughts?
I have the same grill and trying to decide the same thing. I really don't need another gasser, but it is a piece of Weber history.
Make it a restored lawn ornament or put it back in service.

If anybody would be interested in selling me and shipping me just the Lid with the sides of course and the handle. I might be interested. Just pm what you would sell it for.

Back