Reset to defaults, now fan won't shut off

WilburBurns

Ok, this is 100% my fault and now I'm quit frustrated that I can't get my settings correct.

Back story..
I got up early Sunday morning to fire up the Egg and smoke some pork. I hook everything up, and for some reason I can't get the damper to open or close, no matter what temps I have set, or manual settings. Additionally, the fan is on 100% and won't turn off. In a rush to get it going again, I decide to reset to defaults and reconfigure everything.

Then immediately, I begin to look at the cables and everything else and notice that I have the cat 5 control cable plugged into the network port.. whoops... that was the real problem, initially.

So, after reconfiguring the probes, and servo controls, the damper opens and closes correctly, but I still can't get the fan to shut off.

Any idea what's going on?

P 2.5
I .035
D 6
Output Voltage
On above 30%
Min 10%
Max 90%
Startup Max 100%

Any help appreciated..
Cliff

If the HM output is under 30% with those settings the fan should be off. I would suggest a hardware problem but plugging into the rPi lan port should damage anything, so if it worked before you would think it should work now (when plugged in properly). Maybe re-flash the ATMega? Or check your wiring on your cat5 cable for shorts...

Back