REPLACING THE "ONE-TOUCH SYSTEM BLADES" ON MY WEBER PERFORMER DELUXE

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Wizard
TO THOSE FORUM MEMBERS THAT HAVE REPLACED THE "ONE-TOUCH SYSTEM BLADES" ON A WEBER PERFORMER THAT HAVE THE PROPANE GAS ASSIST; HOW DID YOU GO-ABOUT REMOVING THE BURNER TUBE THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE GAS VALVE ORIFICE?

I BOUGHT MY WEBER PERFORMER DELUXE NEW BACK IN THE YEAR 2020 AND IT ARRIVED AT MY PLACE FULLY ASSEMBLED BY THE COSTA RICAN WEBER DEALERSHIP. THUS, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN HOW THE GAS-ASSIST WAS SET-UP.

MY TENTATIVE PLAN IN COMPLETING THIS TASK:

1. REMOVE THE METAL TABLE TO GAIN BETTER ACCESS IN ORDER TO REMOVE THE BURNER TUBE FROM THE GAS VALVE ORIFICE THAT APPEARS PERMANTLY ATTACHED TO THE WEBER PERFORMER BOWL.
2. DISCONNECT THE BURNER TUBE THAT IS ATTACHED BY A "CLIP" FROM THE GAS VALVE ORIFICE.
3. DISCONNECT ALL THE WIRES THAT ARE ATTACHED TO THE WEBER PERFORMER BOWL
4. REMOVE THE FOUR(4) SCREWS THAT ATTACHES THE WEBER BOWL TO THE WEBER CART.
5. LIFT THE WEBER BOWL UP AND TURN-IT UPSIDE DOWN IN ORDER TO REPLACE THE ONE-TOUCH SYSTEM BLADES.

ANY SUGGESTIONS/COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Attachments

• F8C4DC49-E038-4F1F-B9E5-6C6D7CB5B892.jpeg
    F8C4DC49-E038-4F1F-B9E5-6C6D7CB5B892.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The burner tube and bracket are factory installed.
Just pull the black and white leads and disconnect the gas. The bowl should come off pretty easy.
You still have the manual?
Heres a PDF file.
THANX TIMOTHY AND YES I HAVE THE MANUAL SOMEWHERE ???

Hey, Richard. I'm curious why you'd need to remove the bowl and gas assist to install new ash sweepers? You could just slot in a flat head on one side, pull the handle out and pop out the ash sweeper, no?

I don't currently own a Weber Kettle, so this is a genuine curiosity.

I've only seen the displays at my local Elliot's and Ace Hardware stores in person, but the ash sweeper seemed pretty accessible, especially with them being hoisted up in the table. One day I'll have a kettle, so if there's something key to the process I'm missing, I'd rather learn about it now than down the line. Thanks!

It's just easier with the one touch ash ring in the way, not a lot of room on your knees trying to reach under there on a performer, regular kettle, sure just flip it over no problem .
You could remove the lid bale and pop a wheelie on a piece of cardboard or carpet and gain access that way.

Hey, Richard. I'm curious why you'd need to remove the bowl and gas assist to install new ash sweepers? You could just slot in a flat head on one side, pull the handle out and pop out the ash sweeper, no?

I don't currently own a Weber Kettle, so this is a genuine curiosity.

I've only seen the displays at my local Elliot's and Ace Hardware stores in person, but the ash sweeper seemed pretty accessible, especially with them being hoisted up in the table. One day I'll have a kettle, so if there's something key to the process I'm missing, I'd rather learn about it now than down the line. Thanks!
Hi Rick and welcome to the Forum. A few years back I replaced the Weber One-Touch System Blades on a Three(3) year old Weber Master Touch Grill and had a difficult time removing the old one due to having caked-on old grease and some rust. Placing the new one was no problem and now I am faced with a Weber Kettle that has a metal table and a propane gas assist which the old Weber Master Touch did not have. Also, the same crud appears to be on the one Touch System that I am replacing. Also, my legs and knees are approaching Eighty-Two(82) years which make bending over/up for some length of time a real chore. IMO removing the bowl will make this job easier. Thanx for your suggestion.

I just did this the other day on my performer.
Mine with the gas assist is near 6 years old.
Mine without the gas assist is a year older.
This is the second time I’ve done one.

I didn’t mess with the gas assist.
I removed the bottom ash catcher basket and all the aluminum assembly.
For me this meant bending the tabs and removing the aluminum part that holds the ash basket.
I stuck a small screw driver between the bottom aluminum keeper washer and top of the dampener rod to separate them just a bit.
I then twisted and removed (pull out) the rod and remove the rest of the assembly.
There is a little cog or tab on the rod that has to pas through a slot to unlock itself for removal.
I then cleaned the heck out of the inside of the kettle and then re-installed everything.

I would recommend pre assembling the blades and the rod in the correct numbered order maybe on your kitchen table as a test so your rod will be in the proper position when all is done.

Good luck to ya Richard 👍.

Last edited:
I just did this the other day on my performer.
Mine with the gas assist is near 6 years old.
Mine without the gas assist is a year older.
This is the second time I’ve done one.

I didn’t mess with the gas assist.
I removed the bottom ash catcher basket and all the aluminum assembly.
For me this meant bending the tabs and removing the aluminum part that holds the ash basket.
I stuck a small screw driver between the bottom aluminum keeper washer and top of the dampener rod to separate them just a bit.
I then twisted and removed (pull out) the rod and remove the rest of the assembly.
There is a little cog or tab on the rod that has to pas through a slot to unlock itself for removal.
I then cleaned the heck out of the inside of the kettle and then re-installed everything.

I would recommend pre assembling the blades and the rod in the correct numbered order maybe on your kitchen table as a test so your rod will be in the proper position when all is done.

Good luck to ya Richard 👍.
Andy; your usual great write-up y Munchas Gracias!

Back