Replacement vents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Trommater

TVWBB Super Fan
My dog decided he needed to get into the smoker and chewed up 2 vents on my WSM. Where can I get replacements? I have searched all over the net and can not find any.

Brian, First Rule of BBQ...you should always let your dog taste what you are cooking.....It's not fair to let him/her sit there and just watch.

Sounds like a classic case of seperation anxiety!

LOL, too funny!
icon_smile.gif
Let's see, what kind of groaners can we make from this?...

If the WSM was smoking, now he must be a hot dog.

Sounds like your dog either just needed to "vent", or needs more iron in his diet.

If a dog even touched my WSM, for dinner we'd be having slab of lab, or pulled pug.

Brian,

800-446-1071 is the number. Weber will sell you a replacement kit at nominal cost.

Also, check the Web site on Aug. 1, as I will have added info to the Parts Troubleshooting article on repairing a broken vent.

Regards,
Chris

Brian;
I here that Weber has excellent customer service and will help you identify what you need. There was another thread under "Just Conversation" a couple of days ago titled "Grill Parts". A link to another web site is contained within one of the posts. I tried to copy the link...but not sure how to do it right now. I will take a closer look and figure it out soon.

Brian, When I got my WSM it had a loose rivet on one of the vents. It was spinning like a "Prop". I called Customer Service and they sent me a new vent as well as a nut and bolt. All you have to do is drill out the old rivet head and replace it with the nut and bolt. Back in business. Now if you could just train your dog to only point at the WSM.....
icon_biggrin.gif
Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back