Rent Giant Grill for Whole Hog

Bryan B

TVWBB Fan
Hello,

I've read through the epic Grillin Fools post for the whole hog that they did last year a couple times, and it makes me want to try a whole hog. They were able to rent a grill from a local meat market, but I think they are in St. Louis and I'm in South Carolina. Does anyone have any idea of where I could rent such a grill in this area? I know a meat market that sells whole hogs, but I do not think they rent grills.

Thanks and sorry if this has been discussed before. I looked at all the topics with "whole hog" in the subject and didn't find anything related to this.

- Bryan

Burbage Meats
Ravenel, SC
843-889-2404

Cook-N-Out
West Ashley (Charleston), SC
843-571-1372
Tim, also has a web page (Cook-N-Out), he rents cookers and sells quite an assortment of BBQ equipment.

You might work a deal with Burbages if you were to purchase the hog from them as well.

Good luck

Dave, thanks for those suggestions. They sound good, but I am actually in the Columbia, SC area. Would you happen to know of any places in that area? I've tried googling it but maybe I'm not finding the right combination of words.

I did a small whole hog last year and found 2 party rental stores that had a cooker that I could use. Rent was not bad and the pig came out great. Regards

Carter Cookers
Gaston, SC
803-955-4662

They build custom cookers, not sure if they rent them out or not. Perhaps they can suggest someone in your area.

Keep it under 59# and a rented Weber Ranch Kettle will work just fine. Cooked many a whole hog butterflied on a Ranch Kettle. Normally sunny side up but I did it down once and it came out great.
Whole_Hog_Web.jpg

Back