Removing The Lid For Transport

Rusty, I assume in the mini-van you can take the rear seats out. When I got my redhead I picked it up with my Honda Pilot and I turned it sideways think of laying it on its back. I did not have to take the lid off.

Got her home! Called my brother at the last minute and secured his pickup truck, but I believe the van would have worked as well.

This is a 2000 Genesis Gold C model, and the previous owner did a heck of job taking care of grill even though it was stored outside. The flavorizer bars, grilling surface, and burners have all been recently replaced. So far, the only part in need of replacing is the ignition cover located inside the firebox.

I spent about five hours cleaning, scraping, and disassembling (as best I could without a manual). Most of the grill looks great except for the sides of the firebox and sides of the hood. Outside storage (under a cover) no doubt encouraged the growth of mold. Frankly, it looks like molded grease, and it has withstood everything I have thrown at it. I thought about spraying the moldy areas with professional wheel cleaner (acid based), but thought I better pass that idea by hear first.

It's possible the firebox and lid sides may need repainting. Nevertheless, I was fortunate to find this deal for $100.00. I hope to post photos later, but I am too tired to upload at the moment.

I doubt that is mold. It is how aluminum oxidizes. It's kinda weird stuff. Use a wire brush wheel on an inexpensive grinder like many here do. Yes the firebox and hood caps can be painted read the many posts here on the subject. Just don't paint the insides or the porcelain.

Rusty,
Congrats on the grill and do post some pics when you get a chance.

One thing-

If that is the actual grill you posted in picture #11 than you do not have a 2000 Genesis Gold model,that pictured grill is a Genesis Silver C model. The Gold model uses the Heavy Duty wider Summit frame where the Silver uses the standard Genesis 1" frame.

Jeff

Rusty,
One thing-

If that is the actual grill you posted in picture #11 than you do not have a 2000 Genesis Gold model,that pictured grill is a Genesis Silver C model. The Gold model uses the Heavy Duty wider Summit frame where the Silver uses the standard Genesis 1" frame.

Jeff

I think you're right, although I am not sure if I have the right download page or not...

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=2261001

Here's the numbers sticker...

6-3-18%20029.jpg

How do you gain access to the side burner piezo? Mine seems stiff, and I though about giving it a trickle of WD-40 through the top.

Back