Remote Thermometer -- Need New Probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Joe Peterson

TVWBB Super Fan
One of my probes is shot on my remote thermometer.

It's the Williams Sonoma model, which has their logo on it but I see on the back of the unit it's manufactured by Maverick Industries in Edison New Jersey.

A Google search reveals no web site for the company. Anyone know how I can contact them to get a new probe?

Or does anyone know where I can get another probe, not necessarily made by Maverick, that will fit this model of thermometer?

Thanks

HJP

A couple of years ago when my BBQ'ing friend in Australia burned out the probes on his Maverick thermometer, I was able to get replacements by calling this number:
Maverick? Industries, Inc.
Edison, NJ 08837 Customer Service: (800)526-0954

I can't promise you the number is still the same, but it's a place to start.

Henry Joe,

Most of the probes are made by one company in China - XLT. They are interchangeable if they are singular probes (not dual probes i.e. two probes made into one).

You can order replacement probes from Taylor Instrument:

Taylor Model #1470 additional probes are available at the listed price of $2.50 each. Taylor does not take credit cards or COD, personal check or money order will do. Please somewhere on the check or money order please
write the part number (1470RP). Please make out to the following:

Taylor Precision Products
2220 Entrada del Sol
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Attn: A. Salas

Hope this helps...

PrestonD

Henry-

I called them for a new probe on my wireless model in July:
732-417-9666
Service is open 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM eastern time

The probe was $12.50 plus shipping. At that price, you might consider buying a new unit--I've seen the Polder clones at Bed Bath & Beyond for $19.99.

Clark

Henry Joe,

I had the same thing happen to a probe on my Williams-Sonoma thermometer. I contacted W-S via e-mail asking to buy a replacement probe, and they informed me it wasn't available to purchase but they would be happy to GIVE me a new one. In fact, I was told to go into any store and they'd replace it for me, which they did by giving me an entire new unit, not just the probe.

Good luck,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back