Reheating ribs on the grill

BradyB

TVWBB Member
I have done some ribs by request for some friends parties a few times now. I always struggle timing wise either having to smoke them that day or reheating in an oven wrapped in foil. Has anyone out there ever reheated ribs on a gas grill? If so on high, medium, low etc? How do they turn out as opposed to reheating in an oven? I was thinking if I didn't sauce them when I smoked them and reheated on the grill and sauced them at that time that might work out well, instead of the oven thing.

Brady... Last July I smoked 108 slabs of spares. I did them the day before the reception, refrigerated overnight than reheated 6 at a time in four 22.5" Kettles. Indirect low-med heat for 1-1/2 hour, wrapped in foil and placed in a cooler. Sat in cooler for another hour of so until service... No problems encountered.

I've been to lots of Q shows and exhibits where the ribs were kept hot (and so I assume could be reheated) either in foil or in large tin pans - the kind you cook turkeys in. It looks like they throw in some sauce and heat slowly.

With any luck, Kevin K will chime in. I'm interested in this answer as well.

Your initial idea will work great Brady. Warm em up in foil at med low to med. Then when they get almost ready to remove, open the foil to let the bark tighten up a little. Glaze on the grill (leave em on the foil make to cleanup a snap) or serve your sauce on the side. They'll be great!

Just remember: The more sugar in your rub the more careful you'll need to be about using higher temps.

Back