Reheating pulled pork

Mike Copen

This is so basic, and I'm new. . .

I need to reheat some pulled pork I made for my coworkers (about 3 shoulders worth!). Only option I have is an oven. It's in a large, catering, foil pan with heavy duty foil sealing the top of the pan.

How long, temp, cover, no cover? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I brought some apple cider in case I needed to moisten. . . .

Thanks!

Welcome Mike,
I'd leave it covered and set the oven to about 300. Leave it in till it's warm throughout. PP doesn't need to be piping hot, just nice and warm.
Good call on the Cider. Don't let your Q dry out, it'll be tough and chewey.

I agree on leaving it covered and the tempature at 300 is fine as well, but I'd be inclined to have it at 250.

I would add a little water say 1/4 cup to help with some steam and then seal it up.

Depending on how it was chilled, and handled I would recommend getting it to a temp of 165 for food safety. I would also mix it up a few times to ensure that the temp is even through out.

When I reheat any BBQ I try to stay with the same temp that it was smoked at. put in heavy foil, add moisture and heat till warm. You may have to add a bit of spice if the original has waned.

Mark

Thanks folks for the suggestions. Just finished serving to everybody and the pork is GONE! Three shoulders and 20 people! Good lord people love that smoked shoulder!

Back