Reheating pulled pork in crock pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Vrobel

TVWBB Member
...and another question for my big barbecue next week:

I'm going to need to reheat about 25lb (pre-cooked weight) of pulled pork. I can think of three ways to do this:
1. Store in ziploc bags, use microwave(s) at work.
2. Put in crock pot(s), reheat at work.
3. Put in oven in foil pans, with time delay on oven. Go home just before cookout, get reheated pork, bring back to work.

I have some issues about each of these:
1. Microwave - needs my attention, and how much pork can I store per bag? I have visions of reheating pork for most of the morning, 1 pound at a time.

2. Crock pot - unattended reheating, but how do I keep it from drying out the pork, or not getting it hot enough to serve? Also, even with my 2 crock pots, I don't know if I have enough space.

3. Oven at home - I have to leave and come back, and I have to transport 15lbs of hot pork. This is my least favorite option.

Help! Has anyone done something similar to this? Any other ideas?

Michael,

Since it is pulled pork the crock pot is your best deal. I have used it to keep pulled pork hot and with the cover it will keep it from drying out (I stir it a few times). It also homogenizes the pork a little better but it can break the thumb sized chunks down into individual strings of pork as you stir it...

If you do a North Carolina style it even gets better...

PrestonD

I'm going with the crock pot. Or should I say, pots - I've got 24lb (pre-cooked weight) of pulled picnic shoulder in the fridge at home. I'm going to split it across 4 crock pots; does anyone have any estimates on how long I should reheat it on 'low'? I'm going to mix it with some BBQ sauce before I start heating it to keep it from drying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back