RefurbishingGenesis

Kyle TX

TVWBB Member
Those of you in the know, how hard is it to refurbish the tank compartments on genesis grills with rust? Considering picking these up. Mostly to fix the performer, but may keep the genesis too.

It depends on how bad the rust is and how much time and effort you want to put into it. I know there's a thread here where a member replaced the cabinet because of rust....

I'd pick up the free grills if I were in your spot, at least you'll get a nice performer that can easily be fixed up out of it. And that gasser is a sidewinder so if you're able to fix the cabinet then that would be a great score!

I would be all over that just for the Performer. Weber will sell you a new table top or you could make a new one out of wood.

Free is always good. I would think you could make a great looking wood table to replace the broken table on the performer. Rust inside the cabinets on those E3xx grills is almost always bad. You could pull the floor out and replace it with wood. You could also replace the sides with wood if you wanted to. Someone on here did that a year or two ago and it looked good.

I think you can buy a new bottom piece alone for about $75 from Weber.

Back