Refurbished Silver B to sell with pictures

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
All,

Just wanted to post a few pictures of the Silver B I have finished and plan to sell. This is the first one I have done that I did not either give to family or a friend. I really tried to pay attention to detail on it and got a lot of ideas from the forum and members such Bruce and Jon. I have kept the costs down on this one due to finding a place on line that sells a lot of Amazon and other company's returns. You bid on the items and if you win them, you pick up at a warehouse here
Elizabethtown Kentucky. I replaced the bars, burners and grates for under 40 bucks. They are Weber products not aftermarket, which I can put in my listing.

My only concern is the end pieces came from different grills and are not quite the same color. I plan to print out the owner's manual and have put together a sales flyer (Thanks Jon and Bruce) to show the difference in a new grill versus one like this one. I should have took before pics but I didn't but take my word for it was gnarly and I spent hours scraping the lid, I had the end caps and box sandblasted and that saved me a lot of work. Let me know what you think.

Bobby

20200428_182527_resized.jpg20200428_182547_resized.jpg20200428_182559_resized.jpg20200428_182606_resized.jpg20200428_182657_resized.jpg20200428_182758_resized.jpg20200428_183159_resized.jpg20200428_183501_resized.jpg in

Looks great! Jealous of the source you've got for parts; I have to drop over $100 just to replace the grates and bars on mine.

Very nice rehab. You did a great job. It looks like the left hand frame cap is from a summit or something like that. I don't think it will be an issue with selling it. Good luck and keep us posted on how the sale goes.

The left hand endcap is from a 2005-2008 Genesis/Spirit. Minor detail. Endcaps are hard to work with and you can't get good money without an endcap.
If you want to address it just get a plastic side table from a 2005-2008 Genesis/Spirit 3 burner. It juts out further like this
IMG_0097 (1).JPG

Awesome restoration. Great job. I did a few mix and match grills in using parts I had. Most buyers are not experts and will never know or even care. This is actually one of the reasons I love these grills. You can swap parts between generations.

Dave, stop it already. I am not getting $400 plus like you are on your rehabs.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Nice looking grill and great job on that rehab...that should sell quick because of the hard to find blue lid.

OK, Bobby, I think you have a problem. You need to rethink your pricing scheme. Some say I need to as well, but even I can tell that one definitely was a bargain.

Great looking grill, the blue is gorgeous. Great job. Ya should be more than $250; $300 and up.
Besides Weber new factory grills have gone way up in price for LESS quality of materials.

Yeah, I may have went a little low with my first foray into the market. Live and learn, I have a Silver C on deck for my next venture. I'll have to be a little more aggressive on my pricing with that one.

Back