Redhead -What is it and worth $65?

JoeB

Looking for some help with determining what model this grill is. Its in a bit of rough shape needing the usual (bars, grates and burners), but frame is solid and grill comes with tank and cover. Is grill a keeper or a flip? Thanksweber2.jpg

Someone feel free to correct the noob, but it looks like an early Genesis 2. If it were near me, I'd be in my car right now.

I would be racing to get ahead of both of you! Love the wide boards. Never see those here. Not even sure they were sold in Canada. And a Redhead to boot! :love:

It's an early first generation Genesis 2. Made somewhere in late 8o's to maybe 90/91 Worth is subjective. Also value as a keeper or flip is as well. Those are things only you can really judge

I’ve just found one of these, minus the right side table in Canada - but it is in ROUGH shape, rusty, pieces missing, even the lid is scratched. I’m thinking it’s too far gone. The only thing that looks solid is the small drip pan. Worth picking up?

Attachments

• BC02BB70-5E68-4093-9580-DFFC423EC5C7.jpeg
    BC02BB70-5E68-4093-9580-DFFC423EC5C7.jpeg
    721.2 KB · Views: 39
I’ve just found one of these, minus the right side table in Canada - but it is in ROUGH shape, rusty, pieces missing, even the lid is scratched. I’m thinking it’s too far gone. The only thing that looks solid is the small drip pan. Worth picking up?
Depending on price and condition of the parts it could always be a good parts grill since many parts are no longer available.

Depending on price and condition of the parts it could always be a good parts grill since many parts are no longer available.

Helpful. No space for storage. I wanted to try out the redhead but seems like the other parts are not useful to have.

Well, there are collector types (me :oops:?!!) who would probably be very interested in buying the unique parts either of those grills have. The second smaller one - a Genesis 1 - looks a little far gone, but the the larger one could possibly then be rebuilt with more common newer parts. If you don't care about having an "original" you might be able to get that grill with a "negative" investment after selling off the unique stuff.

Well, there are collector types (me :oops:?!!) who would probably be very interested in buying the unique parts either of those grills have. The second smaller one - a Genesis 1 - looks a little far gone, but the the larger one could possibly then be rebuilt with more common newer parts. If you don't care about having an "original" you might be able to get that grill with a "negative" investment after selling off the unique stuff.

John - is what I posted a Genesis 1? It's very cheap, just not free. And my wife will KILL me if I bring home another bbq that isn't leaving ASAP.

John - is what I posted a Genesis 1? It's very cheap, just not free. And my wife will KILL me if I bring home another bbq that isn't leaving ASAP.
Yes this is a Geneis 1 according to the wheel style, the igniter toggle switch and the left side frame without caster wheels. But looks like it needs plenty of work.

What I was saying is on the Genesis 2, you could probably sell off the unusual pieces and keep that frame and box with a net investment of less than zero. Then rebuild with regular parts. On that Genesis I there doesn't look to be much worth keeping besides the "special" older style parts...maybe the hood? I would grab it for those parts, but it is probably not worth it to most people.

What I was saying is on the Genesis 2, you could probably sell off the unusual pieces and keep that frame and box with a net investment of less than zero. Then rebuild with regular parts. On that Genesis I there doesn't look to be much worth keeping besides the "special" older style parts...maybe the hood? I would grab it for those parts, but it is probably not worth it to most people.
It's gone. I wanted to pick up a red hood just to test drive it, but it was scratched. I'm not sure what the unique parts are on the 1-5.

MT

Back