Red head parts

AlexStew

Hi out there. I stared a rehab project on a redhead back in March when work was slow for me. I managed to find a couple almost complete grills for free and started taking them apart cleaning and painting them. At this point in time I have gotten way too busy and they are just sitting in my garage in pieces. If there is anyone in the San Diego that wants them I would gladly pass them all along for free.

Alex,
You might want to cross post this in the Buy Sell Trade section.

Also, if you have some of the more difficult parts in usable condition there are people who would gladly pay for you to ship them if you are willing. The most obvious are the large drip trays, smaller drip pans if they are black porcelain and not in bad shape, wheels, knobs, control panels and manifolds. You might want to post some pictures of what you have. Wooden handles are another wanted item that quickly comes to mind.

Alex,

Also, if you have some of the more difficult parts in usable condition there are people who would gladly pay for you to ship them if you are willing. The most obvious are the large drip trays, smaller drip pans if they are black porcelain and not in bad shape, wheels, knobs, control panels and manifolds. You might want to post some pictures of what you have. Wooden handles are another wanted item that quickly comes to mind.
Thanks for the pointer I will snap some pictures and post them to the for sale forum I am happy to ship stuff out. I know how difficult the large drip pan can be to find it took me quite a lot of searching on Craigslist to find a grill that had one.

The manifold and tank scales are other items you might want to highlight on your grills if trying to sell parts.
If the shelves are in good shape, those are other items in demand. The control panels is another.

Daniel:
Aside from the red lid you can get parts off any similar model grill to fit your grill

Certainly. Best way to replace parts is to find them off a donor grill. With poor availability for most parts and shipping costs, finding good used parts local is the way to go.

Alex,

Hi Jon I am new here. Where do I find the buy sell trade section? I am looking for the thermometer holder for a 1993 genesis 1000 redhead. Thanks.

Here's where you want to go to post that:

Hopefully someone has one of those they can spare.

Back