Red Head Genesis Rehab

Yah, that is a classic and that is the color of the lid that I have. Jon, you should have taken it from me for one of your special rehabs.

thank you all for the replies. Here’s a picture of the parts I have.
You have parts from two versions of the swing table. The steel parts that are not attached to the table are from a later version that has a prop rod and slide bracket. The original early prop rod fits into a hole/bracket on the LH/RH front and rear legs. See @Jon Tofte pics on post #92.

Does the older metal table support bracket work with the newer prop rod? I think the newer version is an improvement, but you have to keep the slide lubed or it sticks.

1712710671591.png

Last edited:
@Ed P, Dead on there! My tax return prep eyes are getting strained about now:sleep:... Yes, in my picture you see the really old-style rod that has the short right-angle end that fits in the old type, small bracket. Those aren't too easy to find, to say the least. I guess it depends on how authentic you want to be. He could add a full-length bracket to the swing table and then adapt the rest of the newer stuff he has, including the slide.

@Ed P, Dead on there! My tax return prep eyes are getting strained about now:sleep:... Yes, in my picture you see the really old-style rod that has the short right-angle end that fits in the old type, small bracket. Those aren't too easy to find, to say the least. I guess it depends on how authentic you want to be. He could add a full-length bracket to the swing table and then adapt the rest of the newer stuff he has, including the slide.
He could bend one up from 1/4" rod if he is so inclined for the earlier table prop rod. I'd be hesitant to modify that later prop rod by cutting it...the table hardware for the newer version only comes with a swing table as a replacement part and is NLA, unfortunately, but again, it's not something that couldn't be made.

He could bend one up from 1/4" rod if he is so inclined for the earlier table prop rod. I'd be hesitant to modify that later prop rod by cutting it...the table hardware for the newer version only comes with a swing table as a replacement part and is NLA, unfortunately, but again, it's not something that couldn't be made.
No, I wasn't thinking of cutting the newer type of rod. He would have a way better shot of getting a used x000 Genesis table or even just the bracket he still needs to adapt the newer rod to his old table. Those old rods are pretty rare these days.

So, what's the plan? Are you just trying to put it back together or are you going to make new wood pieces for it? The picture that Jon posted looks like your setup so that's good.
I’ve been putting it back together at my warehouse slowly as time permits. If I could buy wood replacements locally I wouldn’t mind as currently I’m just limited on time. If not these will have to do for now. I’ve updated the flavorizer bars and few other items to stainless, Weber crafted frame kit and cast iron grates as well as bigger wheels with a stainless rod / axle.

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpeg
    IMG_1649.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 11
You have parts from two versions of the swing table. The steel parts that are not attached to the table are from a later version that has a prop rod and slide bracket. The original early prop rod fits into a hole/bracket on the LH/RH front and rear legs. See @Jon Tofte pics on post #92.

Does the older metal table support bracket work with the newer prop rod? I think the newer version is an improvement, but you have to keep the slide lubed or it sticks.

View attachment 89035

Ah that makes sense. The Gen 3 had many rusted parts so I picked up a donor genesis 3000 with the Ralph’s supermarket lid. Took it apart and these items got mixed together. I have the swing shelf from the 3000 as well still.

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpeg
    IMG_1647.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 3

Back