Readying some pork char siu - for the umpteenth time

Awesome cook...the color....the sheen, the char!
Paprika makes things red 😉. Better than good dye and it’s natural.

You can make this. Easy cook. The char comes at the end when I’m flipping the chunks over direct coals. Keep em moving so the honey candies, and not burn.

I missed this one....knocked it out of the park.....
I think I might have to go this route here shortly, I have lots of cooks planned without knowing what I am going to be making.
What was the cut of pork, I don't recognize it.....

I have to go look at your other treads, just to see what I can use the finished products for rather than just eating sliced pork.
Have you considered not pre slicing all the left over pork until it comes time to use it again....I have found that to be a benefit to me with left over proteins.

I missed this one....knocked it out of the park.....
I think I might have to go this route here shortly, I have lots of cooks planned without knowing what I am going to be making.
What was the cut of pork, I don't recognize it.....

I have to go look at your other treads, just to see what I can use the finished products for rather than just eating sliced pork.
Have you considered not pre slicing all the left over pork until it comes time to use it again....I have found that to be a benefit to me with left over proteins.
Butt, broken down into 2# logs from the main butt and then cut again into 1# chunks.

I prefer to slice this as leftovers so it gets eaten as lunch. I’ll usually cut the slices into strips for lunch, and easy reheating so I don’t need a knife to eat at work. Lazy mode here.

You could leave the chunks whole and do as you wish with the leftovers. Your personal choice.

Back