Re: Performer. Wife said, "oooOOOO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were passing by the grills in Home Despot when the Performer caught my wife's eye, and an almost involuntary "ooooOOOO!!!" came out of her mouth.

Good sign, right?

I have a 22" One Touch Silver right now. The table was the first thing that caught her attention and she commented on. She knows that I'm always complaining of having nowhere to set things down when grilling. Then she noticed the gas starter. So I also pointed out the lid holder, the fold-up cooking grate that I wish I had at Thanksgiving when I had a heavy turkey on there, and needed to tend to the charcoal, the charcoal holders, the tool hanger and the ash catcher.

I think I could almost convince her that we should spend the $329 on this grill. On the other hand, my personal priority is to get a Smokey Mountain before getting another grill. On the first hand, though, I'm sure she'll argue that the grill will get used more (how many 20 lb briskets does she, our three-year-old son and I need every year?)

Let me suggest you look to Craigslist. You can find Performers there really cheaply. I found two that way and they were both under 50 bucks. Then I bought new grates for them, washed them, fired them up once without food to clean the inside and I was off to the races.

Bill

26 years with my OTS, have had a new Performer now for 30 days. Grab one now while the "oooOOOO!" effect is still there!

You can also smoke on a Weber kettle with great results so take a minute and think about what you will do more smoke or grill. Me I use my grill and rotisserie more than all my smokers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Henderson:
We were passing by the grills in Home Despot when the Performer caught my wife's eye, and an almost involuntary "ooooOOOO!!!" came out of her mouth.

Good sign, right?

I have a 22" One Touch Silver right now. The table was the first thing that caught her attention and she commented on. She knows that I'm always complaining of having nowhere to set things down when grilling. Then she noticed the gas starter. So I also pointed out the lid holder, the fold-up cooking grate that I wish I had at Thanksgiving when I had a heavy turkey on there, and needed to tend to the charcoal, the charcoal holders, the tool hanger and the ash catcher.

I think I could almost convince her that we should spend the $329 on this grill. On the other hand, my personal priority is to get a Smokey Mountain before getting another grill. On the first hand, though, I'm sure she'll argue that the grill will get used more (how many 20 lb briskets does she, our three-year-old son and I need every year?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>All the goodies aside, your OTS will cook just as good as a Performer. Get the WSM. I have the perfect setup; OTS for direct and some faster indirect cooks, WSM for longer cooks, and a Genesis Silver C gasser for last minute cooks. Look for a cheap table and a WSM on craigslist (I got mine for $100) and a charcoal chimney at HD. You'll have the "almost" perfect setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back