Raspberry PI for $35 shipped at Amazon

That is a good deal, however, when I put it in the cart it said "standard (free) shipping 18-26 business days", so I guess it is one of them slow boat from China deals. Which raises the question, isn't the rPi from the UK? I guess it could be shipping from the UK, not sure, Amazon is not very good at telling you where your stuff is coming from. One thing that caught my eye is the audio output jack is black rather than blue like on my model B and others I have seen. I know they bootleg just about anything in China, so the long shipping and different color audio jack is shying me off a bit. I also found Amazon has the rPi VB selling for $40 and eligible for Amazon Prime, so I'm thinking I might prefer to pay the extra $5 bucks and have it in two days rather than a month and not worry about it being a bootleg item....

Sorry about that. Didn't even notice that. I already own all the ones I need and didn't look at it in much detail.

On the "detail" page it shows shipping from the UK, so that makes me feel a lot better than seeing China.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PT4GGC/?tag=TVWB-20

And the amazon uk listing has the same picture, so I just think it's the UK version (say it's UK made) versus the one we get here in the States (or perhaps some of the older ones which it looks like were made in China).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008PT4GGC/tvwb-20

It seems to be legit, plus Amazon has a good reputation of backing things, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I suspect you'd probably see it a little quicker than what they have listed also.

OK, if it says UK then I would say it's legit.... I'm just used to those items that take a month for shipping coming from China... Amazon is awesome with customer service if you ever have a problem, it's just the long wait that put me off. I would go ahead and order one and wait if the savings were more, but two day service with Amazon prime seems pretty great as well for just five bucks more. At any rate, great deal abound! Thanks for posting....

I posted that deal on slickdeals! It's funny because this forum and this project was my main impetus for purchasing a Raspberry Pi. I'll report back with the shipping time. Apparently it's not as long as they estimate as the Royal Post is around 5-7 days on average.

It's a smaller world now as of the advent of the Internet.

Back