Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

IMG_7642.jpeg

Meatpackers are increasingly looking to robots for help. Smithfield, the largest U.S. pork processor, began rolling out automated rib pullers at its pork plants several years ago, which company officials said helps leave less wasted meat on the bone and relieves workers from some of the industry’s most physically demanding jobs—allowing workers to be reassigned from pulling loins or ribs to food-quality inspection jobs.

IMG_7651.jpeg

StoreDot has delivered prototype batteries to automakers, and its current tech—which Polestar is testing—can enable a car’s battery to add 100 miles of range in just five minutes of charging. By 2028—just two years after SES AI’s batteries are set to debut in production vehicles—the company’s engineers aim to deliver to automakers a battery that can add 100 miles of range in just 3 minutes, says Chief Executive Doron Myersdorf.

StoreDot has delivered prototype batteries to automakers, and its current tech—which Polestar is testing—can enable a car’s battery to add 100 miles of range in just five minutes of charging. By 2028—just two years after SES AI’s batteries are set to debut in production vehicles—the company’s engineers aim to deliver to automakers a battery that can add 100 miles of range in just 3 minutes, says Chief Executive Doron Myersdorf.
I've been saying for years that until EVs can equal ICEVs in range, and in refill/recharge time, EVs will remain 2nd banana. Home chargers will largely obviate the charge time for commuting, but I'm seriously NOT interested in waiting several times as long for a recharge as it takes for a refill.

And then you have the criminal element. Every time a charging station goes in it's stripped of the many lbs of copper, and left useless. Also 1, the lack of any infrastructure. I.E. in my own subdivision here, (platted only about 45 years ago), there is not enough capacity to have more than 100 amp services in our homes. So, even if I were to upgrade my panel and meter, there is no support to get me 200 amp service. There is no way a modern home can support a high capacity EV charger AND run itself. Especially if things like AC or electrical heating appliances are in use. So, our ComEd is having all the underground wiring, and associated circuitry and hardware replaced here. It's not too disruptive but it's yet another expense.
Then there is the thought of being "cleaner". Total bunch of BS. It's NOT "cleaner". It simply moves the pollution point from one location to another location (the coal, gas and oil fired) plants used to generate. Plus the huge strip mines needed to mine the raw materials, the heavy machinery used in mining it.
I could go on but right now I don't want to run afoul. Bottom line the drivel being shoved on us is nothing short of just that. Drivel

I've been saying for years that until EVs can equal ICEVs in range, and in refill/recharge time, EVs will remain 2nd banana. Home chargers will largely obviate the charge time for commuting, but I'm seriously NOT interested in waiting several times as long for a recharge as it takes for a refill.
I was discussing this last week while taking an Uber customer to the local Tesla dealer to pick up his car
The infrastructure just isn't in place yet for EVERYONE to have EVs
And, I use my 2500 Ram to haul a 6000 pound travel trailer
I stop about every 150-200 miles to fill it up and it takes less than 5 minutes, longer if we gotta use the facilities or need a drink
EVs take much longer for a full charge, even with the newer chargers

Back