Rancher Sighting

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Trader Joe's now has Rancher in stock. Picture taken May 10th. I also went by OSH but they didn't have any in-stock.

Traders Joe's in Minneapolis has it - I believe $6.99 a bag. Making a road trip on Wednesday. Down to my last half bag after my Mother's Day rib cook.

Todd

I saw TJ was handling Racher a few weeks ago. I was thinking it was kind of pricey. I went to Sams last week and saw they raised the price of Kingsford. So I will be making a trip to TJ before long. I have about 3 more bags from the HD clearance a couple of years ago.

I wonder if TJ will have a clearance in late summer?

TJ's here has it for the same $7 for 18 lbs. Must be the same at all the TJ's.
Larry, some people take pictures of pretty girls, the Empire State Building, Yankee Stadium, gardens etc. You take pictures of piles of charcoal. That's a funny bit. Are we nuts or what?

Dave,

Your are a "keen observer of human nature"

Welcome to the asylum....
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Larry, some people take pictures of pretty girls, the Empire State Building, Yankee Stadium, gardens etc. You take pictures of piles of charcoal. That's a funny bit. Are we nuts or what?
My mom complains I send her more pictures of smoked meats and grills/smokers than the grand kids.

Originally posted by Dave Holloway:
I've heard a lot of talk about rancher charcoal. Is it worth me driving 135 miles to the nearest TJ?

Depends on your needs. I liked it when it was available at HD for so cheap. It does not burn as hot as K, but smells better and was really good for long smokes (overnights). I have since converted entirely to lump so I have no desire to pick any up (still have 1/2 bag of K that I've had for a couple of years). So, if you prefer coals, I liked it better than K for smoking, but I prefered K for grilling. But I favor lump by far now for both smoking and especially grilling.

Royal Oak lump is $12.50/20lbs or ~$8 for 18lbs near me. (just saw the 18lb bags available). Might check TJ for that lump, though.

Originally posted by Dave Holloway:
I've heard a lot of talk about rancher charcoal. Is it worth me driving 135 miles to the nearest TJ?
Rancher is better charcoal than regular Kingsford but it's still just charcoal, I wouldn't go that far out of my way for it. If you're ever in the area for other reasons it may be worth grabbing some though.

Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
Royal Oak lump is $12.50/20lbs or ~$8 for 18lbs near me. (just saw the 18lb bags available). Might check TJ for that lump, though.
The Ranchers at TJ's, at least here, is just the briquets

Larry,
Dude- thanks for the info...picked up 3 bags at the Bellevue store for 6.99. Looking forward to trying it as the crap Frontier premium charcoal briquettes I bought made the ribs taste like the smell when working on the asphalt road.

Just picked up a bag at the Reston, VA TJ's yesterday. $6.99 for 18 lbs. I can't wait to try it.

Back