Ranch Handles on 22" WSM

Originally posted by Steve Aguilar:
I hate reviving old threads, but....I ordered two the ranch handles from Weber and instead of the handle pictured in the OP, I got this:

photo.jpg
I want a pair of those. Contact me and send them my way if you want to get rid of them. Just email me and we can work it out.

The other day I found an odd black plastic thing in a drawer, thanks to the above pic now I remember what it goes to.

I was told by one of the reps that 80554 has been discontinued. Not good. I wanted to put them on my WSM and swap out the standard handle supplied with wooden ones I already own. The woodies won't fit these POS.
icon_frown.gif

Now another rep told me that they have not been discontinued, but are low on inventory. What gives?! Why won't these guys send me the parts I want?

I put together a experiment some time ago making a 22.5" WSM before they were available and tried to order the Ranch handles and was very difficult until I told them that I owned a Ranch. I used them on my homemade version then removed them and placed them on the WSM I purchased 2yrs ago. I would stick with getting them its worth the effort.

I was reading this post and thought you may want to know that ACE Hardware, here in Minnesota anyway, carries replacement handles for the weber grills and smokers. If memory serves me right they were 8 or 9 dollars each. Might save some time and money for ya. Just something that I thought might be useful to know if any one wants handles.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Matt. You're sayin you can get the replacement handles not the brackets right?
I've bought the handles at Ace, never saw the brackets which Steve needs.

Tim

Well I thought it was the handle and the mounting brackets. I didn't open the package but the photo on the front looked like it was both. If I get a chance to stop by there this week I will look, I have been thinking about putting some on my wsm.

Yea, if you go let us know. If it's the complete set-up than that's a good deal!

Tim

Now, apparently 80554 has been discontinued for sure. A rep ordered me another 2, but I was sent 2 of these newer brackets again. The old 80554 are gone for good.

Here is how an old wooden handle fits on it. At least, it's a drop-in fit:

photo.jpg

BTW, the newer gray handle seems to be cheaply made. I don't know if it's just the new handles for the Ranch kettle only or for all the other new Webers too. The ends do look different in photos, but I haven't seen the new handle in person except on these Ranch brackets.

Well, after the Ranch handle debacle I decided to try my luck with Weber Fireplace handles instead.

Ordering the fireplace handles turned out to be very easy with no hassle at all. I just told them that I needed to replace the handles for the fireplace I bought off of CL
icon_biggrin.gif

They were $16.40 for a pair of fireplace handles compared to $12.60 for a single Ranch handle. They look exactly the same as the old Ranch handles except they are woodies. Score!

photo.jpg

Hi, I'm re-habing a 26 right now and I needed a Lid Handle. A guy on BBQ Bretheren told me about this thread. Long story Short, called Weber and talked to one Customer Rep and three supervisors they refused to let me order this handle because I didn't own a Ranch Kettle. Said it was a "Liability Issue". What a joke. Ended up using a Handle lid of a Smokey Joe that I only use as a chimmeny starter. If I ever figure out how to post a pic on here I'll show all a nice and pretty 26er.

You should've just told them you owned a Ranch Kettle or a Weber Fireplace. They would've sold the handles to you without a hassle.

Back