Questions About Casters

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I have been doing a major reorganization of my mountain of mostly Weber parts, trying to get each type of part in one place.

1B71AA0D-9F16-40A1-8BFE-1831D78F4D9A.jpeg

I have quite a few casters (more than just above) and would like to ask this group for some help:

1) I have three different size casters. (See picture below.) The small one is for the Genesis x000 series grills. The large one is a 300 series Genesis caster. Does anyone know for sure what grill(s) the medium size caster is for?

F998A46C-E247-47E7-977C-85EB000E0421.jpeg

2) Naturally, some of my old casters are partially or completely frozen.
F9A7294D-EF4F-4D83-9B3B-F93C0B1BF689.jpeg
I would be interested in any tips from members here who have had success redeeming these. Or maybe advice to give it up!

I believe the medium one is a 99241 - it’s what’s on my Genny, and it looks like a slightly larger version of the ones on my Performer. That’s a 6414, and I know for certain because I replaced them.

I wrote some time ago about rebuilding casters. Since Bruce aimed me to the really inexpensive replacements I have come to realize that the juice is not worth the squeeze. It was at best 50% successful and a lot of effort. Chuck the frozen ones.

One trick you can try. Simply input the part # to google. You will likely get a company/distributor site with reference to models they fit

Thanks guys! With an overflowing mountain of parts, it is getting easier to not bother with stuff that requires a lot of effort for minimal or even so-so return.

I tried to wirebush a corroded Weber kettle basket today. After too much effort to get rust off, I promptly bent it totally out of shape. It went into the scrap pile with its match that had already rusted completely through. I won’t clean any more of them unless they are still pretty decent and can be cleaned with just a grease remover and wiping.

Last edited:

Back