Question re: burner tube length

MarkCuda

TVWBB Pro
I know there is a 4 page discussion on burner tudes and I'm going to start another 😉
The burner tubes that I ordered came today from Amazon.
The crossover tube is 13 inches long, it falls out, can someone actually measure one that is supposed to be 13 and a half inches ?
The brand that has a 13.1/2 inch crossover tube and 29.1/8 inch main tube, that's what I'll order.
Thank you in advance

I know there is a 4 page discussion on burner tudes and I'm going to start another 😉
The crossover tube is 13 inches long, it falls out, can someone actually measure one that is supposed to be 13 and a half inches ?
The brand that has a 13.1/2 inch crossover tube and 29.1/8 inche main tube, that's what I'll order.
Thank you in advance
Yes, the crossover tube is supposed to be 13 1/2" long. I and a few others have received burner tubes with the crossover being too short.It seems they mix them up with the shorter one for a Silver B.

The brand that has a 13.1/2 inch crossover tube and 29.1/8 inche main tube, that's what I'll order.
Thank you in advance
Are these Weber burner tubes or aftermarket burner tubes? The problem I had with aftermarket was not the length of the crossover. Either the diameter of the crossover is too small or the holes are too big. They fit very loose where the Weber ones are tight

Are these Weber burner tubes or aftermarket burner tubes? The problem I had with aftermarket was not the length of the crossover. Either the diameter of the crossover is too small or the holes are too big. They fit very loose where the Weber ones are tight
at $33 they are aftermarket

The burner tubes are knockoffs, if I am assured that the Weber tubes will have the 13 and a half inch crossover tube, I'll pony up and buy them.
Webers part number is 7506.
I could tack weld the crossover tube in but I shouldn't have to.

The burner tubes are knockoffs, if I am assured that the Weber tubes will have the 13 and a half inch crossover tube, I'll pony up and buy them.
Webers part number is 7506.
I've never heard of anyone getting a short crossover on a Weber set, just the aftermarket ones.

I just want someone the actually measure a crossover tube and post a picture.

This is the crossover that I bought from grillparts. same link above in post #9 of this thread.

1717790674244.png

This is the crossover that I bought from grillparts. same link above in post #9
Thank you very very much
But, is a guy going to get the same length crossover when he orders the complete tube assembly, that is my concern.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's seems to be the downside to ordering these aftermarket burner tubes. Sometimes they send the wrong crossover with them.

I hope you read into the product more than just looking at that one screen..... You have to actually LOOK at the dimensions of things to KNOW they are what they say they are and compatible with.... and even then you just have to hope. I've seen waaaay too many conflicting 'claims', pictures and dimensions all over amazon that make me pause and dig deeper. Sometimes the discrepancy is actually for the better - like my burner tubes - but that is a rarity.

Back