Question about probe thermometer

Inigo Montoya

I use the Remote Redi-Check from Maverick Industries and always set up the temp guage unit next to the smoker on a table.

Have always wondered if I could glue a magnet to the back of it so that I could stick it on the dome lid instead. Would be easier, but I'm afraid the magnet would be a heat conductor and that could damage the temp guage.

Has anyone done this?

Yep, the magnet would be a heat conductor and would most likely melt your ET.

BUT ... you could get a small piece of wood, like 2"h x 2"w x 1"d, screw/glue the magnet to one side, screw the mounting bracket to the other side.

Howdy hi Inigo,

I met your father once--years ago--I believe--in Spain. Great man!
icon_wink.gif

Magnets tend to lose their magnetic strength when exposed to high temperatures. If my memory serves me right, the problematic temperatures start somewhere around 600 degrees F. So, keep the magnet away from the hottest portion of the Weber.

I believe that 200-400 degrees F. should be okay...

###

Put the clip for the transmitor on upside down and hang it from the lip of the middle section

I melted the housing on a Taylor using the magnet on the farthest point from the fire-box on my off-set. If you want to try it, then follow what Travis suggested.
Me.. I do what Dave said.

Tim

Faced the same problem with keeping the Maverick remote transmitter close to the WSM, but secure.

So, I adapted some of the ideas that others have posted here.

The "brass clip" that I fabbed-up, hangs on the outside of the top rim of the main WSM body.
Maverick Remote Clip

A thin piece of SS, aluminum, or copper would work equally well for this application.

HTH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D. L. Whitehead:
Howdy hi Inigo,

I met your father once--years ago--I believe--in Spain. ### </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have 6 fingers on your right hand? ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
Put the clip for the transmitor on upside down and hang it from the lip of the middle section </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just did this. Works beautifully!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruce McLeod:
Faced the same problem with keeping the Maverick remote transmitter close to the WSM, but secure.

So, I adapted some of the ideas that others have posted here.

The "brass clip" that I fabbed-up, hangs on the outside of the top rim of the main WSM body.
Maverick Remote Clip

A thin piece of SS, aluminum, or copper would work equally well for this application.

HTH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will definitely do this the next time. Perfecto!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inigo Montoya:
Do you have 6 fingers on your right hand? ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At one time, I had six fingers on my right hand. However, some time ago, I lost one finger while trimming some spare ribs. That loss and a change of name may have saved my life...
icon_wink.gif

###

Back