Question About Grommets

Brian Curtis

TVWBB Member
This probably a stupid question for all you temp control pros, but I'll ask anyway. I have a BBQ Guru Nano and bought the grommet kit from them. Only problem is that the clip for the pit probe will not got thru grommets this small. Do I try bigger grommets, I saw 3/8" on one website.
Thanks

Those grommets seem like such a great idea, but after messing with them for a period of time I wound up finally passing the cords to my thermometers through the side door of the cooker or under the cover. The grommets simply became too much of a PITA.

My $0.02

The probes from my CDN meat probes thread thru the grommets from BBQ Guru, I was surprised that the pit probe with my Nano won't slide thru due to the clip on the end. So I passed that it under the cover, BBQ Guru says that's okay. so for now that's what I will be doing.

22.5 WSM
Nano Temp Controller

On the DigiQ 2 DX probes, you have to remove the alligator clip off the end of the probe, stick the probe through the grommet hole, then push the alligator clip back onto the end of the probe. I am not familiar with any temp controllers besides the DigiQ, sorry. The alligator clip does come off, and slide back on once the probe is through the smaller hole.

Good luck.

You need to remove the clip first like what George suggests. It slides right off. Clip it on after the probe is passed through.

What Sean said is true as well. I only find them to be a royal pain if I have to lift the top rack to access the bottom one during a cook. Or maybe that's more related to using multiple temp probes period?

Thanks for all the replies, I see about pulling the clip of my Nano temp probe and pushing it back on. I originally thought I might damage it.

Back