Question about cooking small quantities

I am loving grilling on my new EP330, but I am often grilling only for me or for just 2 of us. When i am making something small like 2 burgers or a couple pieces of chicken, should i turn on all 3 burners or can i just light 2 and use that side of the grill for short direct cooking foods?

ok, thanks. i'm having issues with food sticking on one side of the grill. i just made some burgers- got the grill hot then oiled with olive oil, cooked over high direct heat but the burgers stuck horribly. any suggestions?

You got the grill hot and oiled it. (I oil the food, not the grill). Perhaps you are trying to flip or remove the burgers before they are ready? I have always read that the meat will release from the grill when it is ready, otherwise it will stick.

I turn on everything even if its just me grilling a burger.

I generally do too but I dont think it is necessary. Actually, when cooking chicken breasts I will turn off my back burner (on my older model the burners run left to right) and place the meat over the center burner with the thinner tail of the breast over the turned off back burner. That way the thinner part doesnt over cook and dry out.

I wouldn't use olive oil, I would think it burns off pretty quickly at grill temps. Try some canola oil or vegetable oil

I wouldn't use olive oil, I would think it burns off pretty quickly at grill temps. Try some canola oil or vegetable oil

I agree with Mike. I use canola oil as it has a higher smoke/burning point than olive oil. I rub the hot grates
done with a paper towel dipped in the oil, and have never had any serious stickiung problems.

Back