Q3XX(X?) find on Craigslist

JBaker

TVWBB Super Fan
Saw it listed yesterday, picked it up today. Nice overall condition, it'll clean up well.
Seller stated it's about 10 years from purchase.
Grates have some rust. From reading the posts it sounds like all of the 3xxx series are enameled CI? Are there aftermarket straight CI, no enamel available? I don't mind the upkeep on CI, and prefer it over the enameled.
Electronic ignition "click click click" is audible. Haven't tested it with propane as yet. Seller stated it's still working, lights quickly.
Burners looks to be relatively new.
Tank holder is is good condition.
Thermometer not working.
Cart looks well taken care of.

65$ and just a few miles from home.

I'd have pics but it's dropped back down into the teens this week after last week of t-shirt weather. I'll get some soon.

A bonus is that it came with the handle light. Not working at the moment, and when I checked the battery compartment i see quite a bit of blue/green corrosion, some of it "fluffy". Has anyone been able to bring one back to life?Are they easy to break down for refurbishing? I pulled it off the handle, I'll attach a few pics. If it can't be resurrected that's OK too.

Only the past couple of years have I been gassing, was a longtime charcoal guy. Picked up a free Q200(0? last year), made the bigger tank mod, picked up a griddle for it, each time I've used it I'm more impressed. Hoping this new acquisition will be as much fun. By mid summer I imagine one will either be gifted or flipped.

IMG_20220329_152014805.jpgIMG_20220329_152025267.jpgIMG_20220329_152035167.jpgIMG_20220329_152317104.jpg

I have never had any luck repairing those lights but I would
be interested to know how if anyone has as well.

Congrats. The Q3Xs are fantastic cookers. Those grill lights don't last for s**t. Save the metal plate, remove the light and use a removable magnetic one. I also put a set of casters on the left side to help roll it around.20201104_112218.jpg20210210_181353.jpg

I have had a bit of luck refurbing the lid lights. But the one that the OP posted looks way beyond help.

I have had a bit of luck refurbing the lid lights. But the one that the OP posted looks way beyond help.
I have also. Maybe 1 out of 10 isn't a total loss. But just a matter of time with heat and weather, when the electronics will fail again. I agree that the OP's is a lost cause. I doubt that any of these have an IP rating. Lots of grills these days are coming with internal lights and I wonder how well they are built and how long they will last. Feels weird to me that so many grills have to be plugged in.

Yah, heat and electronics don't get along well. A well lit grilling area is your best friend probably.

Love my Q-320, I put on a new set of grates a few years ago and man they have seasoned so well. OSH went out of business I ended up with a. Few sets but this one I’m on has been impressive.

I like the casters, I'll be on the lookout for those. Thanks.

Do you have a link for the magnetic lighting you have set up there? Looks impressive.

I saw a new Q1200 yesterday in a local store, I'm surprised how much more robust the Q2xxx and Q3xxx models are.
This is similar to the one I have. Any motion activated magnetic LED will work with the metal bracket once you remove the old light and grind off the remaining bolt. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVDTS3D/?tag=tvwb-20
Do you still have that one, Joe? You've got the Napoleon, WSM, Performer, and the WGA in your sig...
I do not currently have a Q. This week I just sold a Q1X and a Q2x. I am very happy with my Napoleon for my gasser, but sometimes miss the Q3x for how frugal it was on gas, low maintenance, and easy to move around. It would be hard for me to give up my IR side burner on the P500 as it is just so fast and fun to use.

I would never have thought that those things would hold up as grill lights so close to the grill itself. The Weber "heat resistant" lights seem to suffer from the heat exposure.

How long have you been using that light setup?

I would never have thought that those things would hold up as grill lights so close to the grill itself. The Weber "heat resistant" lights seem to suffer from the heat exposure.

How long have you been using that light setup?
I don't have my Q anymore. I used it for one winter. Being magnetic I always stored it in the house when not in use, and snapped it one when grilling and dark. The Q's handle has insulators and the heat exits the sides so maybe that helped.

Back