Q320 Cross brace diameter

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I have a Q320 and the two cross braces on the handles are missing. I am going to order a piece of SS stock and fab up a couple. Does anyone know the diameter of them?
Here is a couple pictures of what I am talking about:

Q3xxx.jpgQ3xx.jpg

Attachments

• Q3xx.jpg
    Q3xx.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 3
Bruce, my Q3200 measured 1/4 inch or 6.43 mm. I think it is the same on the Q320. You could check to see if it is the same part number.

Bruce, ereplacements shows Weber part 40245501 as the cross brace for both the 320 and 3200. I went back and checked because I kept thinking it didn’t look 1/4 and it is 15/16 or 6.05 mm. Must not have reset the caliber. I think 1/4 would work as mine has lots of slop in the holes. Good luck. 😀

Thanks Richard. The exact reason I asked is that I have a two Q3xx grills and one is missing the braces. When I went to caliper the rods on the one, I was completely surprised it came out at .250. I did it three times and through the weird angle or something was making me miss read the size or something. I thought, yah, no way in heck that is a 1/4"....but like you guys said, it truly is. I couldn't find its dimensions on line anywhere.
Thanks for verifying for me.

I just wanted to report back. I got the 1/4" SS rod yesterday and fabbed up two cross braces for my Q320. They fit perfectly. The stock "looked" slightly bigger than an actual cross brace, but not much if at all really. I didn't bother to use my caliper on them so not sure, but the stuff advertised at 1/4" should work fine if you choose to fab up one or two in the future.

Back