Q300 cover that you do not have to fold tables?

On my Q300, I have lots of trouble folding the tables...the metal bars constantly fall out. I would like to find a cover for my grill that fits over the tables so that I don't have to fold them. Has anyone found such a cover?

Measure the length of the grill with the tables up, then hit the big box stores - most have three or four different sizes and while it is unlikely any of them will be a perfect fit, there should be one that will work. I've not had problems with my bars falling out on my 320. Have they somehow gotten bent so that they don't hold firmly into their slots? Maybe Weber can hook you up with some new metal bars.

Pat

Can the bars be fixed so they don't fall out? Perhaps call the Weber support line and see if they can offer suggestions.

Welcome to TVWBB.

The tables on my Q220 fold up and lie on the grate. There is a slot on the lid so it can close with the tables folded over the grate.

I just looked at the manual for the 300 series. The slot is there but the mount for the tables is entirely different and the tables on that do fold down.

I keep mine on a short side of the deck and I keep one of the tables folded and one up so that it is the right size. The other table can be up but it partially blocks the stairs leading down the deck.
In summary I fold down only because of space constraints.

I bought a generic cover from Home Depot.

I just picked up a Q300 of CL. I tried to fold the tables into the grill surface but it did not work and the metal rod popped out. I figured out that the 300 does not fold in. I began to fold it down and it works fine. Maybe the plastic is over stretched and does not ahv ethe same hold.

You do know that the 300's tables fold down to the side of the grill don't you? First you have to lift them then let them slide in the track until you are in the proper position to lower them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Trapp:
You do know that the 300's tables fold down to the side of the grill don't you? First you have to lift them then let them slide in the track until you are in the proper position to lower them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not until I posted my first question here! Thanks for all the help...yes, I feel stupid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BThompson (bltkmt):
Not until I posted my first question here! Thanks for all the help... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not to worry.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that you can get a manual for your grill by going to the Weber site (http://www.weber.com/home) and looking under Help -> download manuals.

Back