Pulled the trigger on a 2015...

Michael A

I've been using my Smokey Joe (with CI grate) for the past couple of years, but the kids are starting to eat more and it's just a bit too small. The cheap gasser is just that, and we can't be smoking every meal on the WSM.

So I was perfectly happy about a month ago to go buy a OTG. I spent some time browsing the forums and decided a Performer would be more appropriate. After all, do I really want to build a custom grill cart? I owe my wife a bunch of projects, and so she actually suggested buying the one with the table might be better :) Well, everyone raves about the gas assist start, so an upgrade to Platinum was in order.

What? There is a 2015 model around that corner that is taller and has a metal table top (I'm 6'6", so every inch matters). That's the one! Except...nobody has them and Amazon wants to charge more and deliver it in 6 weeks.

Until today! Home Depot wins. Ordered the Performer Deluxe (Copper -- closest to burnt orange), free shipping to the store and pick it up this week.

This forum is getting really expensive...

Update: I am waiting to see if the extra height means a higher table, or just a higher lid handle...either way, will be nice to get it home.

Michael

Last edited:
Looking again -is the table actually any taller? The overall dimensions are a bit taller, but is this perhaps just a change to the lid /handle?

I'll update my initial post until I can confirm so that I don't spread possible misinformation.

the table surface was about 4 inches taller than the SS performer i had sitting in the garage next to it.

You gonna sell that Smokey Joe with the cast iron grate? If not, where did you get a CI for it?

You gonna sell that Smokey Joe with the cast iron grate? If not, where did you get a CI for it?

Craycort makes one that fits the Smokey Joe....of course it costs more than the grill. $45 for the grate, another $10 for the handle, plus shipping. HOWEVER, it grills one heck of a ribeye...worth the expense if you do a lot of steaks.

I plan to keep mine for now, and I even used the Smokey Joe CI grate on top of my Performer for a steak last weekend.

http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/grates-for-weber-charcoal-grills/smokey-joe-14-5-grills.html#bottom

Looking again -is the table actually any taller? The overall dimensions are a bit taller, but is this perhaps just a change to the lid /handle?

I'll update my initial post until I can confirm so that I don't spread possible misinformation.

Any update on the height of the table? It looks like its the same height as existing performers but if it is higher I would be interested.

I been looking as well for the 2015, only ACE hardware sells the newer one comes in Black copper and Dark green, I wanted the Crismon (drk red ) but couldn't find. Homedepot has the green and I'm ordering today .Ace will ship free to store. I called their main official site .They will send to a store near you for #399
Anyone have the dark Green in any weber grill can't find that color near me to see exactly what looks like . Anyone have weber drk green and love the color??
jerry

I measured, and the table height on the 2015 Performer Deluxe is juat about 33" from the ground to the top of the table. 32 15/16 according to my tape measure.

Michael

Back