Pulled Pork in a Vinegar Bath

‘However, posting the Mac&Cheese pic without a recipe or link might be a reportable offense. That is a serious violation. ;)
Bryan,
It was my standard backed mac and cheese recipe. I started with a recipe off the internet a few years ago and now just go for it. But here it is:

1 standard size box dried macaroni (we use all whole grain pasta in our house, we like the taste)

1/2 stick butter/ 4 Tablespoons (salted, because it's what I always have on hand)

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 1/2 cup milk

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

16 oz. bagged sharded cheese (I like one 8oz bag cheddar, and one 8oz bag coby jack)

salt to taste

black pepper to taste

A pinch of garlic powder

Any other seasoning you want

1 cup of plain panko bread crumbs

1 to 2 tablespoons EVOO

Cook the pasta and set aside.

Heat oven to somewhere between 350 and 400 depending on how crammed with time or how much time until dinner, the bbq, will be done.

Start with the butter and flour to make a roux on medium heat for a little while then add milk and seasonings. Stir that on med/low until it thickens
Take off heat and stir in cheese about four oz. at a time. Once it is all together it should be a thickish consistency, but still nice and creamy. Mix the noodles and the cheese sauce together and then into the glass pan.

Put the panko into a bowl and add a little EVOO and mix. Just enough oil for it to all be wet. Top the mac and cheese with the breadcrumbs and bake until crumb topping browns and sides start to bubble.

How did the pan react to the vinegar? Will be trying this too. Love the homemade mac and cheese
No issues. I have read post here about issues with vinegar and foil, but no issue. Now I threw it away after I was done, I did not try to clean to reuse (which I have done some other times with different cooks). It was heavy, flimsy, and hard to move with the he weight of the shoulder and all that liquid, but I put it on another pan when moving from the house to the smoker.

Back