Pulled pork/homemade buns

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Did some pulled pork and tried some homemade buns.I will defiantly make homemade buns more often.One batch got darker as I was watching the red wings game for a few extra seconds to long.
DSC03857.jpg
DSC03858.jpg

That's great Joe. I know that hamburger buns are the norm, but I prefer a fresh kaiser or one of your buns!

I love making fresh buns for burgers or pulled pork sandwiches. My recipe from "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger uses potato flakes in it. I've substituted fresh and sweet potatoes and had wonderful results too.

Joke in the neighborhood is that the women love my Firm golden buns :)

Another request for the rolls recipe, here.

My wife makes all sorts of bread so I thought it would be cool if we could serve a meal that is entirely made from scratch. I make my own rubs, sauces and cole slaw to go with my pulled pork. So the only thing I need from her is the rolls but she says she doesn't have a good recipe.

Joe that looks great! And if no one wants the dark buns please send them to me. I love the extra crunch!

+1 for the recipe please. Doing pulled pork this weekend and those look great! Oh yeah, the PP looks good too
icon_wink.gif

Thanks,

Back