Pulled Pork for 55-60

I am catering the Blue and Gold Banquet for the Cubscout Pack I run we are having pulled pork and hotdogs for the smaller kids the pork will be the only meat but everyone is bringing a side dish to go with BBQ there will be 55-60 people there probably 25 of the total being kids from 4th grade on down I was thinking of doing 4 pork butts totalling 28 pounds of meat that is 14 pounds after cooking that gives me 56... 1/4 pound sammies hoes does this sound, I have done this large of a group before but this is such a special occasion for the scouts i want to make sure it is right.

Using the BBQ Catering Workbook 2.0 it suggests you use 30.5 lbs of pork butt. It used 5 oz servings as the serving size.

Sounds like a great event. My son just got his Eagle scout. Good luck!

Yo Jason,

Sorry I didn't get to see you at Sikeston - sounded like you had fun.

Best of luck with you cook - remember, if you cook too much, you can take PPsammys to work for lunch - if you don't cook enough, you're SOL
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
Using the BBQ Catering Workbook 2.0 it suggests you use 30.5 lbs of pork butt. It used 5 oz servings as the serving size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you get this program? I Googled it and just got a bunch of links back to this message board.

Back