Proud Hubby

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
We've been out of propane for a couple of weeks. Works been kicking my butt,and the weekends have been pretty busy too,so I just haven't had time to go get any.
We were at Trader Joes this last weekend,and I told Pammi I wanted a tri tip. I found a nice one,when a guy stocking the shelves said we should try the Santa Maria tri. Sure thing,I says and put one in the cart.
The plan was for me to cook it today after work. Unfortunately,my delivery truck is broke,and the rental replacement is a real DOG! It has a fuel issue that makes it take it time getting to highway speeds. Once it gets there it's fine,but getting there is an experience! So,unfortunately,I wound up working an extra hour and a half! And Pammi wanted the tri as much as I did! So she calls me after she gets home and asks how to light the chimney! I told her,and when I got home,there it was. A little charred and way overcooked,but Pammi had lit her first load of charcoal! And no petroleum! I think I'm gonna keep her!
icon_wink.gif

George,like I said in the opening post,charred and overcooked,but I liked the flavor. Gonna have to get another one and do it right.

Phil;
It sounds to me like it was a winner all around. You know you can depend on her and she now knows that wonderful grilling YOU do is not as easy as it looks. You have just gained stature in your own home! Priceless!

Way to go!

Dale53

That reminds me... SWMBO asked me to show her how to operate the gassers. I need to remember to show her.

Back