Propane hose question

TMorris

I'm probably overthinking this, but I need a propane hose for connecting my grill to a quick disconnect tied in to my propane tank. It needs to be 3/8" flare female on one side and 3/8" NPT male on the other. Regulator not required.

I'm currently using a 5 ft hose, but it's about 1 ft too short. I'd rather not buy a 10 ft hose as it's then way too long.

Found this stainless braided hose on Amazon:

But one of the review got me concerned - someone mentioned it not having the proper inner diameter to let their grill heat up fully. Plus I don't see too many stainless hoses (I like this because I've had critter damage in the past)?.

Any idea what inner diameter is required for propane to work properly? Or am I just overthinking this?

Thanks!

If it was me and that hose fit my needs, I would buy it. They wire mess is great for those who have mice and rat and other animal issues. I see no reason that it won't work like any other LP hose. I also agree with Larry that the one or two bad reviews are many times operator error.
Bottom line is that it has free returns if it doesn't work for you anyway.

I just had these guys make a custom hose for me, OEM supplier to Weber for the NG grills. I'm sure they'll make a SS braid version for you.

HRG

Back